Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Music Wednesday

Two Blogs in one night. It's kind of crazy, eh? Hey now, it's about music...I think this is a topic I can explore endlessly. Anyway. Here's Music Wednesday for you. A friend and I decided to trade iPods for the week. The idea came about quite brilliantly, if you ask me. We kept telling each other about sweet bands/artists that the other needed to listen to. And we kept trying to play music for each other. But there were just too darn many good songs to be played. So, it just came to us (I don't actually remember whose idea it was, so I'm going to give us both credit). We decided to trade iPods and explore eachother's music tastes for the week. Let me just say I've discovered some lovely new artists. First, here are the list of songs that randomly shuffled through the iPod on Monday.

  • All the Trees of the Field Will Clap their Hands -- Sufjan Stevens
  • Myxomatosis -- Radiohead
  • Bicycle Gasoline -- Delirious?
  • Constellations -- Jack Johnson
  • Fingertips (Part 2) -- Stevie Wonder
  • Souverian -- Andrew Bird
  • Two Points for Honesty -- Guster
  • Tenor Aria/But Thou Didst Not Leave His Soul in Hell -- Handel's Messiah
  • Outside -- Ours
  • Louder than Radio -- Delirious?
  • Realize -- Ours
  • Falling Through Your Clothes -- The New Pornographers
  • The Creeps -- Rebel Saints
  • Handjobs for the Holidays -- Broken Social Scene
  • Awake My Soul -- Caedmon's Call
  • All I need -- Radiohead
  • Soon -- Like Summer
  • Andvari -- Sigur Ros
  • Hey Rabbit -- Fionn Regan
  • Muzzle -- Smashing Pumpkins
  • Per Te -- Josh Groban
  • Clothes of Sand -- Nick Drake
  • Days Go On -- Greg Laswell
  • Cold Cold Heart -- Norah Jones
  • The Boy from Ipanema -- Diana Krall
  • Stumptown -- Nickel Creek
  • The Prettiest Thing -- Norah Jones
  • Execution Day -- The New Pornographers
  • Mother of God, Here I stand -- Brno Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Something's Missing -- John Mayer
  • After the Curtain -- Beirut
  • Sabra Girl -- Nickel Creek
  • Hands Open -- Snow Patrol
  • 42 -- Coldplay
  • Cumulus -- Imogene Heap
  • Another Kind of Green -- John Mayer Trio
  • C'mere -- Interpol
  • When in Rome -- Nickel Creek
  • The Outer Banks -- The Album Leaf
  • Boxcar Racer -- Blue Merle
  • Weird Fishes/Ar Peggi -- Radiohead
  • If You're Wondering -- Eisley
  • Message in a Bottle -- The Police
  • Go It Alone -- Beck
  • Great Expectations -- Steven Curtis Chapman
  • Everlasting God -- Spin 39
  • Life's a Bitch -- Rock Kills Kids
  • Oliver James -- The Fleet Foxes
  • The Believer -- Chris Thile
  • Heaviest Heart -- Magnet
  • One Day/Slowly Floated Away -- Eisley
  • Bones -- Syd Matters
  • True Love Waits -- Radiohead
  • Running Out -- Mutual Admiration Sue
  • Daylight Robbery -- Imogen Heap
  • Gold Mine Gutted -- Bright Eyes
  • Alive Forever Amen -- Spin 39
  • Fix You -- Coldplay
  • Seven Years -- Norah Jones
  • Layla -- Eric Clapton
  • Love Song for No One -- John Mayer
  • Sunrise, Sunset -- Bright Eyes
  • Maddening Shroud -- Frou Frou
  • Hallelujah Chorus -- Handel's Messiah (London Philharmonic Orchestra)
  • Always in Your Mind -- Jennifer O'Connor
  • The Dumbing Down of Love -- Frou Frou
  • Just Called to Say I love You -- Herbie Hancock
  • Buttons & Zips -- Elbow
  • The Chimbley Sweep -- The Decemberists
  • 12 -- Alexi Murdoch
  • The Last Time He Saw Dorie -- Copeland
  • You Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. -- Bright Eyes
  • Ashes of American Flags -- Wilco
Second, these are some bands or songs I've decided I really like

Bands/Artists:
  • Eisley
  • Imogen Heap
  • The Magic Numbers
  • The Flaming Lips (I've liked them for a while, but I was just reminded today how much I enjoy them)
Songs:
  • "Soul Sloshing" -- Venus Hum
  • Hoppipolla -- Sigur Ros
Okay there is probably more, but that should give ya'll plenty of music for today.

Oh and PS--I've decided that Augustana and The New Pornographers are 2 of my all time favorite bands. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

did you not love imogen before??? OH MY GOSH buy the new album immediately if you have not already. And yes please to Eisley too... were you there when we saw them at HOB?