It's been a day. One filled with goodness. It's past 2 in the morning. And I'm winding down. And I don't mind one bit that I'm up this late and have to get up in less than 5 hours. I'm thankful.
I'm thankful for conversations. I'm thankful for the wisdom of those around me that they are willing and loving enough to speak Truth into my life--even when it's hard Truth.
I'm thankful for friends that live close to me here in Florida and for friends in states far away. I'm thankful that distance has not and will not cheapen our bond. I'm thankful for friends who will listen to me talk about the same thing over and over again just b/c it's what is continuously on my heart. And I'm thankful for friends who will answer my phone calls...even when I call multiple times in one day.
I'm thankful for laughter. I'm thankful that I have friends that will call me just to tell me about quirky habits they have and how those quirks have played out in their lives that day and then we end up laughing about it all.
I'm thankful for unplanned conversations. I'm thankful that because I stayed up late I got to have a spontaneous conversation with a friend. I'm thankful that God provides wisdom and words to comfort friends.
I'm thankful for children. I'm thankful for my time spent with the kids at OURM and how a little love can go a very, very long way.
I'm thankful for hugs--how a hug can make everything else seem kind of insignificant.
I'm thankful for photographs and memories. I'm thankful for the little reminders of times that brought both joy and hardship. I'm thankful for these experiences and for the person they are forming me to be.
I'm thankful for "me" time. I'm thankful for time spent in the kitchen tonight alone with my thoughts. I'm thankful that I have the ability to prepare a meal for friends and that I can look forward to fellowship with friends over food.
I'm thankful for encouraging words. I'm thankful for the reminder that I am loved--perfectly loved. I'm thankful for the reminder that I'm not forgotten and that I am enough.
My life is overwhelming, for certain. I feel pulled in a million different directions on many days. And I constantly find myself asking "why?". But as I sit here typing I realize this: My life is abundantly full. It is nothing how I would have imagined it at this point, but nevertheless, His love is overflowing.
No comments:
Post a Comment