I was waiting outside a restaurant tonight to meet up with some friends from back home who were in town on vacation. (Sidenote: I love meeting up with friends from home. It was a really wonderful night!!!). Anyways, this lady (dressed in all purple with penciled on red eyebrows, might I add) sat down next to me and struck up a conversation. She asked where I was from and told me that her daughters had taken her out to dinner for Mother's Day. Apparently I have a friendly face b/c she told me all about herself including that she only had daughters and wished she had had a son. She also told me that she's been divorced for 10 years now and that's kind of rough. But as she got up to walk away she said this to me:
"You pick yourself out a good husband. One that's educated. And don't you give him yourself until he promises you the world and then some."
And so I received some very wise motherly advice today. She's a smart lady.
Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment