Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Will not take my love away

Tonight I went to Matt Wertz's concert at The Social in Downtown Orlando. This is the third time I've seen Matt in about 2 years. Every single time has been amazing. He's incredible talented, has great stage presence, and is just really passionate about what he does. Plus, he's one of many artists who supports The Mocha Club which I believe is doing amazing work for the people of Africa.

Of all the songs Matt sang tonight, I think this one is my favorite. It may not be as catchy, melodious, or lyrically intriguing as the rest of his music, but it speaks volumes. It speaks the truth of Christ in such a simple way to understand. While Matt is a Christian, he's not particularly known as a Christian artist, which is awesome. Because at his concert tonight were people of all walks of life. Those people heard these truths. The truth of the Gospel. Whether they realize it or not, the seed has been planted. Hopefully someone someday will share with them about the Great Lover whose love will never be taken away.

Anyway, enjoy the lyrics and if Matt is ever in your town, be sure to hit up his concert. In the meantime, check out The Mocha Club. Give $7 a month. Be Love to the people of Africa. It's easy.

I will not take my love away
When praises cease and seasons change
while the whole world turns the other way
I will not take my love away
I will not leave you all alone
When striving leads you far from home
And there's no yield for what you've sown
I will not leave you all aone
I will give you what you need
In plenty or in poverty
Forever, always, look to me
And I will give you what you need

1 comment:

Rachel said...

oh, a good one indeed. so glad we got to hang out!