Rebekah and I hit up House of Blues on Sunday night to see Parachute, VA. Tickets were cheap and we had both commented recently how much we liked their single "She is Love" so we decided to go. Doors opened at 6:00 and with our previous experiences at HOB, things get pretty crowded before the doors open so if you want to get a good spot you have to be there early. Rebekah was interested in seeing one of the openers (InPassing from Orlando and Southside Serenade from Tampa were the openers), so we decided to get there at 5:30 to get in line. Like usual, I was running late, so when I arrived at 5:50 I saw absolutely nobody in line and was worried that they had started letting people in already and I had left Rebekah stranded. I found Rebekah and she said they hadn't opened the doors yet and nobody was around...hmmm.
They opened the doors at 6 and there were literally only about 30 people there. We watched both of the openers who were both very good. I particularly liked Southside Serenade. They were fun and full of energy. Finally, Parachute came onstage and there were more people in the concert hall by then, but still not very full at all. Parachute was absolutely INCREDIBLE. Extremely talented. They played my favorite songs "She is Love" and "Under Control". They also did a fantastic cover of Billy Joel's "Movin Out" and one of the band members played the sax. It was incredible. I would compare their sound to that of OneRepublic. I definitely enjoyed the concert and would have definitely listened to them cover some more songs. I'm looking forward to hearing them again. Anyway, right now their single "Under Control" is the free download on iTunes (probably only until tomorrow). Tomorrow their new album comes out on iTunes. Definitely check it out. They are quality. Check out their myspace if you want to get a preview of their sound. I promise you, you won't be disappointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment