Every time I read someone's blog that talks about how they're really organized and utilize every moment of their day productively and how they save money by cutting coupons and searching for good deals and planning their meals every day and how amidst all that they've ran 5 marathons, found a cure for some rare disease, fed thousands of poor children, handmade their own clothing, started their own business, and planned their wedding plus their 5 best friends with no help, I start criticizing each and everything about myself.
And I have to stop.
And remind myself that even amidst their seemingly perfect, hero-like lives, there is sin.
I have to remind myself that no one is perfect.
I have to remind myself that they're dealing with their own crap somewhere in their lives.
And so my new goal is this:
To not measure myself against others.
To take pleasure in who God has designed me to be.
To recognize that my God made me restless for a reason.
To be the best person that God has made me to be, not the person that he made someone else to be.
And maybe someday I'll find some sort of crazy joy that others find in keeping calendars and schedules, and spreadsheets.
But for now...I'm me. I live in chaos. I flutter like a butterfly. I'm hard to tame and hard to tie down.
But that's who I am.
1 comment:
So much of this post resonates deeply with me. Especially about being only and fully what God has made us to be, rather than what others want from us, or what we think others want from us based on how we feel we stack up. It's simply impossible to measure two utterly unique creations against each other. And yet we try, every day.
Well said, running friend.
Post a Comment