It's my blog, so I'm entitled to write whatever I please. So here is my frustration. I apologize ahead of time if it offends you.
Now, I would assume by now, that most people who read my blog know that I am a Christian. I love Jesus, I live to honor him, I recognize I'm a sinner and am totally in need of his Grace and Mercy, and I look forward to spending eternity with Him. With that in mind, it completely and utterly annoys me when I hear Christians (most often it's conservatives) speak of the environmental causes as a "liberal" thing. Sure, liberals may be the ones driving a lot of the green movement, but honestly conservatives, that's because you so often refuse to get involved!! Now let me also clarify something else. On the large spectrum of politics, I would likely classify myself further towards the Conservative side than the liberal side, so please don't think I'm a liberal trying to tear down the conservatives because that is certainly not the case. I just see it as this: If we, as Christians, are going to claim to be pro-life, then we need to quit making divisions on what we're pro-life about. If we are pro-life and claim to value God's creation, then value ALL OF IT. I'm not trying to say that a tree has the same feelings as an infant by any meanings, but I am saying that all of it was created by God and given to us to manage. We're doing a pretty poor job of managing all of it, wouldn't you say? And while I'm at it, if we're going to be pro-life, let's not just be pro-life about the unborn American babies, but also about the thousands of women and children and babies in the Middle East and Africa who are dying because of the lack of clean water and food, spread of disease, and of course, war. What are we doing in those cases? How are we being pro-life in those instances?
Okay, I'm ending my rant. It just frustrates me so much that so many conservative Christians refuse to value our Earth because "we're just here temporarily and Christ is going to return someday anyway." Well yes, this is true, but in the meantime, let's value what God has entrusted to us.
Thanks for listening. And please, feel free to share your thoughts, even if they disagree with mine. I'm always willing to listen and learn.
Happy Earth Day.
1 comment:
thank you.
Post a Comment