Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Run Down

I realized that I haven't posted in a while. Well, like normal, life is crazy and hectic and absolutely beautiful right now. So, as not to disappoint my readers (Yep Mom, this is for you), here's the run down. (Isn't a peek inside my life almost as entertaining as going to the movies? I should charge ya'll 10 dollars just to read my blog. Extra if you want some popcorn.) :)

My Crazy Busy Week:
  • Sunday consisted of quality worship time and a sermon that has had me thinking all week. Also had some really great lunch conversation and then got to hang out with Ryan and have some quality friend time Sunday night.
  • Monday I got some good roommate time as it seems like Fawn and I rarely see each other any more. I mentioned to her on Monday night that it seems that we see each other less now that we live together than when we were just neighbors. I also got to go for a nice bike ride and then a run while Lainee biked next to me. It was just a good evening spent hanging out around Celebration.
  • Tuesday we got to tour Bay Lake Tower for work and it was really nice. It's also always fun to get out of the office for a few hours and experience some of that Disney magic! Tuesday night was super cool. We had a Mother Blessing for 2 of the women at our church that are going to have their babies in the next few weeks. We all brought a bead that reminded us of the Mothers and then gave it to them and had a good time of prayer for them.
  • Wednesday night I got to hang out with Dan and go to dinner and Epcot (Epcot in the evening is probably my favorite thing at WDW) and then Jellyrolls. Even with the rain it was a really great evening. I relish an evening spent with good company, good conversation, and lots of laugh.
  • Tonight (aka Thursday) Matt and John cooked dinner for Fawn and I. Fawn and I had cooked them dinner a few weeks ago and they promised to return the favor. It was a nice little trade off. It's great to share a meal with friends. Our friend Steve was also there and we've decided that he and his fiance are responsible for the next dinner. I could get used to this regular dinner and fellowship with friends. And, we also played a bit of Guitar Hero World Tour and let's just say that I believe I have a hidden talent for the drums. Good stuff. Oh, and also during the day I got to have lunch with my friend Melissa. I feel like even though we work in the same building on the same projects, we never have time to talk and catch up so it was nice to get away for an hour and catch up on each other's lives. I appreciate her insight and advice and wish that I was able to spend more time with her.
Upcoming Excitement:

  • Tomorrow night (aka Friday) is the Children's Ministry Banquet for the church. Love spending time with City Church folks so it should be a very enjoyable evening. Afterwards, I get to hang out with Ryan and Jessica!! Jessica just got back from an internship in Chile so I'm anxious to hear her stories. I'm sure they'll be good ones!
  • Saturday, Ryan and Jessica and I get to hang out some more and hopefully find something fun to do. Ryan and I have tentatively decided we're going to De Leon Springs but we'll see if the weather and Jessica (if we can get her out of bed at a decent hour) cooperate. Saturday night I get to hang out with Dan again and see 500 Days of Summer. I've been wanting to see this movie since I saw previews for it when I went to see Sunshine Cleaners so I'm super excited. And, of course, I'm looking forward to some good times with good company once again :)
  • Sunday I'm looking forward to worship again. Love City Church and the amazing people there. Have I mentioned that a time or two before? And Sunday night I'm going to a Gift Card Giver party that some people at church are hosting. Should be interesting.
  • Next week--Looking forward to seeing my City Group again after we've taken a 2 week hiatus. And then Friday night I head home to Ohio for 9 days!! Praise Jesus! Looking forward to some quality time with family and friends. I haven't been home for this long since Christmas. And I haven't been home for this long when the weather is warm and beautiful since before I moved to Florida in 2006!! Oh Goodness!!
  • Near future--I also get to head back to Ohio for Labor Day Weekend to enjoy some football festivities with the best friend. Who wouldn't look forward to that???
Life is so very good and I feel as though I'm starting to see that even in the times when I'm feeling down and frustrated. God's plan is so much better than my own and I'm so desperately longing to give up all control and allow Him to take over. I know that sometimes in my desperate desire for that I try to control giving up control (if that makes any sense!!) and so I'm trying to learn and listen to what He's calling me to do. It's certainly a never ending process but it's surely what makes life beautiful.

And there you have it, my friends. The run down of my life. Don't you feel better now that you know? :)

No comments: