I had bought some sweet potatoes last week as they, along with pumpkins, also remind me of Fall. Although, I think that sweet potatoes can certainly be eaten all year long. I had 2 sweet potatoes left and I decided I'd give it a go at making some sweet potato fries. I just googled for directions (I wasn't entirely sure how long to bake them, etc.) and I found this GREAT recipe for Baked Sweet Potato Fries. I've imagined that since they are baked, they're fairly healthy. I didn't use parsley because I didn't have any and I used regular old plain salt and not fresh black pepper and they were still incredibly delicious. Go to the actual website (link embedded above) if you want pictures.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
2 medium-sized sweet potatoes*
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t coriander
1 t kosher salt
1 t parsley
fresh ground pepper (about 10 turns of a pepper mill)
I also saw on the blog, Our Best Bites, a few other recipes that I'd like to give a try--namely, No-Rise Sweet Rolls, Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites, and Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce. Yum!!
So if you live in Orlando/Central Florida, you just let me know when you'd like to come over for dinner. I'd be happy to cook for you--especially dessert!!! :)
1 comment:
I'm loving this food blog. It's one I hadn't come across before. And I'm especially excited to try the pumpkin alfredo!
Post a Comment