Sunday, September 14, 2008

Race Season

Race season starts soon...as in 2 weeks.  I'm actually pretty excited about it.  We ran 7 miles yesterday and while my legs hurt, it felt good to get some long distances in again.  I don't think I've ran over 4 or 5 since last spring.  It's still pretty warm for running here in Florida, but it's definitely getting cooler!  We started at 7:00 am and finished at about 8:15 and it wasn't too hot yet.  Although, it definitely got hotter later in the day, which is still weird to me considering it's football season.  It should be cool, crisp fall weather!  Ahhh, I'll never get over that!  

Anyway, here are the races on my schedule for this year.  Unfortunately, I can't do 2 of the races I was most excited about.  Race for the Taste I'll be on a plane headed to Las Vegas for work (I suppose it's a pretty even trade) and Tower of Terror 13k I'll be celebrating Melissa and Andrew's wedding at their reception (also I pretty good trade, I suppose.  I'm so excited for them!).  So here it is:

September:
Miracle Miles 15k

October:
None yet b/c of the above interferences

November:
Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot 5k
Celebration Foundation 10k-tentative

December:
OUC 1/2 Marathon
Florida 1/2 Marathon

January:
Disney Full Marathon

February:
Breast Cancer 1/2 Marathon in Jacksonville Beach

March:
Disney's Princess 1/2 Marathon
CNL Winter Park 10k

April:
IOA Corporate 5k-Tentative

Hm...I feel like I need more races.  But, I'll probably go broke if I enter many more.  Between races and concerts, well, we know where my money goes.  Speaking of concerts.  We got our tickets for the Jason Mraz concert in December!  So excited!  And we're going to see Augustana/Maroon 5/Counting Crows in less than a month!  

And best news of all, I'm going home to Ohio in 5 days.  Holla.

Okay, time to get ready for church.  Have I mentioned how much I love Sunday nights and church?  Because I do.  :)

No comments: