Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Take a bite...Ideal Bite.

The past three days have been spent at the annual Leadership Conference.  It was my first and it was a really great experience!  The company has so much knowledge, experience, heritage, and more within so it's great to be able to meet incredible leaders, hear their stories, and be inspired by them.  One of my favorite sessions was with a new internet company we acquired in February 2008.  Ideal Bite was founded by Heather Stephenson and Jennifer Boulden in 2005 and offers email subscribers "bite-sized ideas for light green living."  When I heard this I thought "PERFECT!"  I've felt such a conviction and passion to make my life more Green, but for every small thing I was doing right, I felt guilty for every thing I was doing wrong.  But Ideal Bite does a great job of putting it all into perspective.  It's all about the small changes.  If you can make a small change whether it be buying organic food, using organic hair products, drinking organic beer, recycling, not drinking bottled water...it eventually adds up.  But the thing to remember is that you don't have to dive in and do a 180 with your life to live Green.  Just pick a few that are easy for you and that you feel passionate about.  

As Jen said in her speech today--"Ideal Bite is for the soccer mom who drives her SUV to Whole Foods."  She also went on to say she's a vegetarian but still wears leather.  Everyone can make a small change though to contribute.

Just an incredible business concept and something that was certainly needed in the market.  I'm excited to see Ideal Bite grow!

Check it out:  www.idealbite.com

No comments: