13 hours until my parents arrive in Orlando. I've spent the last 5 hours (plus many hours over the past few days) cooking, cleaning, organizing, baking, etc. I'm so ready to have a home full of family (even if it is just my parents, I think I can consider that full!!). Our Christmas tree is already up and I have a fridge full of Thanksgiving goodness plus other dinner items prepared for the week. Even better, I have homemade candy buckeyes (if you don't know what these are, you are seriously missing out), chocolate covered pretzels, chex mix, pumpkin cheesecake, and banana bread. It will be absolutely marvelous. I'm excited to spend some time with my parents just relaxing, watching football, shopping on Black Friday, watching Christmas movies, preparing dinner, EATING!!, enjoying the beautiful weather, visiting the Disney Parks with all of their holiday glory, and just conversing. This time has been much much much needed.
Anyway...all that stands between me and a beautiful 4 day weekend is a 10 mile run in about 5 hours and a few hours of work!
Safe travels for everyone over this holiday weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment