Sunday, November 16, 2008

Life Recap

I keep putting off writing a real post because I have so much to write about that I can't decide which to write about first. So instead, I'll recap it all, here, in this post. And then if you want to know more, email/call/text/facebook me.

Running--It's been going well. I'm trying to avoid burnout, but I'm sure it's happening. I really really think this marathon will be my last for a while. I'm going to try to stick with just 1/2 marathons after that. Training just seems to be consuming my every thought and all my time. Today, though, I had a really good run. My long run was 16 miles and I was running with my running buddy, John. The weather was beautiful this morning--nice and cool and then when we got to around mile 12, we were running by a small lake when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was an otter!! It was only a few feet away and it jumped in the lake and swam around and then came back up on the shore and kept looking at us (we had stopped to look at it for a minute) and then it jumped back in the lake. It was so cute!! Also, I ran a 10k last weekend and I got my PR!! I was excited to see that despite what it feels like sometimes, I am improving and all the miles are paying off!

Football--I went to my very first Florida Gator football game yesterday (Against South Carolina and Steve Spurrier!!). It was an amazing experience!! We had 50 yard line seats and the game was really really good (despite the rain). I'm going again this weekend to see the UF/Citadel game. Very excited!

Here's a picture of Ryan and I from the game:


Gainesville--Ryan and I went up Friday night before the game to stay with Jess so we could hang out for a bit. I laughed so stinkin' hard at both of them. Saturday morning Jess told me she'd go running with me so we set out on our run...and lasted about 6 mins before we decided to walk. But then I got a nice tour of campus from Jess instead. It was great. And this might have been the funniest things from our hour long walk:

(Walking through campus as people are already tailgating):
Kristi: Aww, I wish I looked cute right now so the guys would hit on us.
*About 30 seconds pass*
Random Guy: Hey girls!
Jess: Heyyyyy! (then kind of whispering) if you're talking to us.
Kristi: Jess, I think he was Hispanic
Jess: Omigosh, we have to go back and find out!

Hahaha sooo funny. My other favorite conversation:

Jess: (coming out of the kitchen with a box) Guys, I've really been craving some coffee cake lately, so I went to the grocery and bought a box Krusteaz (as she prounces it Crusty Ass).
Ryan: Uh Jess, that's German and it's pronounced Krusteaz (and he prounces it the right way).
Jess: Ooooooh, I really thought it was prounced Crusty Ass.

Later we told the story to Ryan's parents and his dad proceeds to tell Jess, "It's times like these that I worry about you, Jess" Hahaha.

St. Augustine--Fawn and I went on a random daytrip last weekend to St. Augustine. Neither of us had every been there before and we both wanted to go to the Fountain of Youth, so we decided to go for the day! It was sooo much fun. We went on a trolley tour around the city and saw a bunch of touristy things before stopping at the Fountain of Youth where we had the most disgusting water ever. But now we both feel much more youthful. Much. We also went on a Haunted Ghost Tour that night which was soooo much fun! It was about really interesting historical stuff, too. We're hoping to go back again because there was a lot of stuff we wanted to do that we just didn't have time for. Here's a picture from our day:



Baking-I've been in the mood to bake a lot lately! I think it comes with the holidays. I made pumpking cookies with carmel frosting (one of my favorites!) a couple of weeks ago. This past week a tried a new recipe I found on the internet for Sweet Potatoe Zuchinni Bread. It was AMAZING! And it was soooo easy to make! Hopefully I'll get to make some more soon! I'm working on compiling a list of ingredients for Thanksgiving right now, though. My parents are coming here for Thanksgiving so I'm cooking! I'm excited. It'll be nice to see them and just relax and spend time with them. Anyway, here's a picture of my yummy bread (and I promise you, it was soooo yummy):





Music-Omigosh can we talk about all the new songs I'm obsessed with as of recent? Seriously, this should be a blog in itself. Then again, if you've been following my twitter you'd already know all of my new favorite obsessions. But here they are anyway:

"Come on Get Higher" -- Matt Nathanson
"Black Keys" -- Andy Black
"Beautiful Life" -- Fisher
"Be Be Your Love" -- Rachel Yamagata

And in a week, Rachel and I are going to see OneRepublic and Augustana in concert. This would be the 3rd time I've seen both of them this year!! I love, love, loooove these two bands. Especially live! And I'm excited to hang out with Rachel!

Church-I absolutely love my church family. I honestly believe that the highlights of my week are Sunday and Monday evenings. Church is on Sunday evenings (soon to be mornings in January!) and City Group is on Monday evenings. I'm just really enjoying getting to know the people of the church, getting more involved, and feeling like part of a family. It's been a real struggle for me here in Orlando at times to feel at home and I finally found where I feel at home. If I could spend my entire week giving, connecting, helping, etc. at this church, I would. I really believe in their mission and believe that God is doing great things through City Church.

Okay, so that's all for now. Basically the gist is that life is busy and chaotic and wonderful and good and stressful and crazy all at the same time. And I've never felt more of a need to rest in the love of my Savior and more loved by my Savior. I'll tell you more about that if you're ever interested!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

1) I like the new background
2) I want the recipe to that bread and the cookies!
3) I can't wait to hang out