So everyone else is posting 25 Random Things on Facebook. I don't really like posting notes on Facebook. That's what a blog is for. Besides...I like to do things my way. So here are 100 Things:
1. I have a passion for traveling.
2. I know that my purpose in life is to work with College Students...just trying to figure out in what sort of capacity.
3. I love the university I went to and am confident I received a great education.
4. A couple of years ago I went to Thailand for about 10 days and helped teach English to middle schoolers.
5. The only tv show that I watch on a consistent basis is The Office.
6. I love the city of Columbus, Ohio.
7. I think Michigan summers are the best.
8. Since I moved to Florida 2 years ago I've flown at least 12 times (soon to be 13).
9. Since moving to Florida 2 years ago I've gotten to visit the following places for the first time: Los Angeles, Anaheim, Savannah, New York City, Las Vegas, Miami, Sarasota, Pensacola, Destin, Gainesville, and soon to add Philadelphia, Delaware, and DC. (I guess there are some advantages to having an income!)
10. I've run 2 marathons and four 1/2 marathons since graduating from college.
11. I love college football.
12. I really love music. Especially indie music.
13. I really REALLY love Jesus :)
14. I want to go on a mission trip before the end of the year.
15. I recently bought my very first car (I had 2 cars previously but my parents had bought both for me)
16. I think the social technology trend is interesting.
17. I would love to get a Master's degree in Higher Education and also go to Seminary.
18. I love black and white photography and think it's fun to develop my own pictures (yes, I know how!)
19. I actually enjoyed being a resident assistant in college (even when it was stressful and I complained)
20. I lived in a trailer with 9 other girls for 2 summers. It was way too much fun. Seriously.
21. I hate spiders.
22. I like shopping. My favorite stores: Target, Gap, Banana Republic Outlet, American Eagle, Marshalls, The Limited, Ann Taylor Loft Outlet, Ann Taylor Outlet, Old Navy, Pier 1 (yes, I know that's not a clothing store)
23. I recently discovered that I enjoy antiquing as well. Especially with my best friend.
24. I prefer ethnic foods over American food.
25. I prefer vacations that involve site seeing over a beach vacation.
26. I hate "laying out". If I go to a pool or beach, I want to play.
27. I wish I lived near a river and could pick up kayaking as a hobby.
28. I eat out more than I cook. I like to cook, but just not for one person.
29. I enjoy baking more than cooking.
30. I, hands down, have the world's cutest, funniest, smartest, most adorable nieces. Ever. I love them. Immensely.
31. My older sister and I talk more now than when we lived close to each other.
32. I like wearing fun scarves and puffy vests.
33. I really enjoy archeticture, but not archeticture from the 1960s-1980s.
34. I'm a hopeless romantic.
35. I grew up Methodist, but am now Presbyterian. I love my church and my church family.
36. If I could learn a language, I'd pick American Sign Language, followed by French, followed by Spanish.
37. I've never had a broken bone (knock on wood?).
38. I've never had stitches (well, maybe for having my wisdom teeth removed, I don't remember).
39. The night I had my wisdom teeth removed, I went out with friends.
40. I'd love to own a hybrid car someday. They're just really expensive.
41. I rarely sleep with my socks on. It's just too weird for me.
42. One of my favorite Bible verses is Philipians 4:6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
43. Another favorite Bible verse is Proverbs 31:30. "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."
44. My favorite flowers are tulips and gerber daisies. Especially pink ones.
45. My best friend and I have an odd obsession with the Amish.
46. I've said "I love you" to two guys (as in a relationship outside my family), but one was out of peer pressure once in Jr. High. The other I actually meant and said multiple times.
47. I love deep conversations with intelligent people. One of my favorite topics: theology.
48. I despise the use of the F word. In my opinion, it makes the user sound ignorant.
49. I believe that Americans are much too comfortable with their social status and too unaware of the conditions of people all over the world, especially the lack of clean drinking water.
50. The last time I had the flu was when I was a senior in high school.
51. I was one of nine valedictorians in my high school graduating class of 72 people.
52. I graduated college Summa Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.9.
53. I spend more on running shoes than I do on dress shoes.
54. I don't mind the cold, I just dislike the snow. It makes it hard to go running.
55. I want to visit everywhere in the world, but especially these countries: South Africa, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, England, Guatemala, Ukraine, Germany, Romania, Costa Rica, Canada, New Zealand, and Thailand (again).
56. I love to sing. a lot.
57. I can play the piano. I wish I could play the guitar.
58. I hate taking pills.
59. I love to cuddle.
60. My favorite bands/artists to see in concert: Augustana, Matt Wertz, OneRepublic, Dave Barnes, Jon McLaughlin, The Gabe Dixon Band
61. Dislikes standing in elevators with strangers. The conversation is so awkward.
62. I enjoy giving gifts.
63. I love when people rub my back and play with my hair.
64. I'm not sure where I want to live the rest of the my life, but I don't want to live west of the Mississippi.
65. A friend tried to teach me to surf once. We spent about 2 hours in the water before a storm came. I never stood up on the board and I haven't tried again since.
66. I like parasailing. I've gone twice. Totally awesome.
67. I think jet skis are super fun.
68. I like rollerblading.
69. I love long walks...especially ones with someone who carries on a good conversation.
70. I love ice cream, but I don't really like chocolate ice cream (or chocolate cake).
71. I love the smell of coffee, just not the taste.
72. I want to adopt children some day.
73. I've never been drunk in my life and never intend to be. The most drinks I've ever had in one night is two. (it's my limit :-) )
74. I live on Diet Coke (and I prefer Caffiene Free).
75. I prefer white chocolate to dark or milk.
76. I enjoy public speaking.
77. I've considered being a foster parent someday.
78. One of my favorite places to vacation is Mackinac Island.
79. I love Vera Bradley bags. My guilty pleasure.
80. I miss snow days in Ohio even though I dislike snow. I just liked being able to cuddle under blankets and watch movies all day with no responsibilities.
81. I love bike rides.
82. I enjoy museums and conservatories.
83. When I was young (as in about 5 years old), my neighbors had a dog named Barney. I loved playing with Barney. We played in the snow and he stole my scarf.
84. I used to wear head gear to correct my teeth. I'm not ashamed.
85. I twirled baton/was a majorette throughout high school. I can throw the baton up, do a cartwheel, and catch it. I can also twirl fire batons (not sure about the cartwheel thing with the fire batons).
86. My first job payed $3.50 an hour. I was stoked when my next job payed minimum wage.
87. This is my list of jobs: worked at a seasonal ice cream place, swimming lessons teacher, lifeguard, swim coach, student activities intern, admission ambassador, phonethon fundraiser caller, admissions outbound caller, church camp counselor, resident assistant, marketing intern, photographer, marketing associate.
88. I've helped with a couple of photo shoots/film shoots for Disney.
89. I met Steven Curtis Chapman.
90. I met my first Florida roommates on Facebook. It was the best decision to live with them. They are amazing.
91. I still have my baby blanket. Go ahead, laugh.
92. I love watching movies, but sometimes I get bored/distracted, so it's best for me to watch them in the theater.
93. I saw Blue Man Group for free in Las Vegas.
94. I was in the newspaper in the first or second grade because my aunt worked for the newspaper and they needed two cute little kids for a Valentine's Day photo shoot.
95. I got new glasses in early January and wear them more than my contacts now. They are the first glasses I've owned that I really like.
96. I love exploring cities.
97. The first show I saw on Broadway was "The Lion King." It was amazing. The next night I saw "Mary Poppins"
98. I think this is a cool company: www.skreened.com.
99. One of my favorite websites/art projects is www.postsecret.com
100. I'm excited to get married and have a family someday--and I want it to be absolutely perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment