Saturday, August 8, 2009

This is home

No matter how many miles separate me from this place or how long it's been since I've been here. It will always feel like I'm coming home.

This is home...
...where the corn grows high

...where the summer nights are cool

...where the grass is soft beneath my feet

...where the air smells sweet

...where the open roads invite me for a run

...where memories were made of
...preschool best friends

...middle school crushes

...high school loves

...athletic victories

...academic achievements

...musical engagements

...tree climbing adventures

...snowy playgrounds

...family bonding

...autumn time leave jumping
...spring time flower smelling

I'm thankful for the places God has taken me, but I'd be lying if I said that I don't miss this place. It's peacefulness is soothing and the memories fill my heart with warmth. I feel safe here knowing that I always have a place to call home.

And now I'm ready to rest my head as I listen to the rain pitter patter on the tin window awnings. A welcoming invitation back to distant memories and dreams of my childhood.

No comments: