My friend Juan has been in town visiting and we've had some really great conversations. I'm a huge advocate of conversation--just good, solid conversation. I can't tell you how much I value talking to someone who has an awareness of what's going on in the world and can put a well thought out sentence together, but is also open to learning from others.
Anyway. That's not the purpose of this post. The purpose of this post is to say that Juan has convinced me to use Twitter again. I was struggling with seeing the necessity behind Twitter. I don't really see the need to tell people "hey, I'm eating pizza." and then 15 mins later "hey, i'm watching tv." And if I did decide to do that, isn't Facebook a much more convenient location for something like that? But. Juan showed me a better use. Juan's doing a really cool thing with Twitter were he is updating it once a day with something he's learned for the day (I'm also a big fan of learning something new every day so I think this is a great idea!). Well, I didn't want to steal his idea so I started to think about what I really care about. Well, I care about theology and faith issues--check. And I care about running--check. And I care about family and friends--check. And I care about....music...CHECK! So. I decided. That I would update my twitter once a day with Kristi's Song of the Day. Oh heck yes. A most brilliant idea. Mostly because I think (in my modest opinion, of course), that I have a superb taste in music. And I constantly feel the need to tell people about a new artist or song that I'm listening to. So, this seemed perfect. So if you'd like to follow my musical tastes, please do!
Check me out: http://twitter.com/runnerkristi.
No comments:
Post a Comment