Thursday, October 2, 2008

Politics

My view on politics--why can't people just be honest?  Because seriously, whoever gets elected is going to take office and not follow through on half of what they claim is their platform right now.  Does that sound pessimistic?  Well, it probably is.

What do I want in a politician?  Someone who loves Jesus, someone who lives the gospel, someone who takes care of all God's creation, and most of all, someone who loves people--all people, regardless of economic status, age, race, and even nationality.  And yep, I said it.  I want a candidate who loves Jesus.  My belief?  The word of Christ is the only absolute truth and if I'm a Christian, it isn't something that can be sectioned off into certain areas of my life.  It affects every decision, every though, every action that I take.  I want that same thing in my presidential candidate.  Because ultimately, if we allow Christ to rule our heart and rule our nation we find the purest form of truth, love, mercy, and grace.  What more can you ask for?

And I suppose that's why I'm not a politician.  Wouldn't last for a minute.