I love hymns. Like words can't describe how much I love them. I think there's something incredibly special about them...a connection to the body of Christ from many years ago. There's a comfort knowing that our ancestors who wrote these stunning lyrics loved, struggled, praised, cried, and went through very similar situations as we did during their walk with Christ. And while I value modern worship music, it often lacks the depth and clarity that hymns have in presenting the picture of the gospel. I especially love movements such as Indelible Grace, Red Mountain Music, Sojourn Music, etc that are writing new music to go with hymn lyrics from long ago.
In any case, we sang "Before the Throne of God Above" at church on Sunday. I don't think any other song paints the beauty of the Gospel as well as this song does. This is my ultimate love story. My long awaited fairytale. My Jesus desperately loves me...he has engraved my name on his hand, not just written, engraved. It's permanent. He claims me. I. AM. HIS.
(disregard the images...some of them are kinda strange)
Because a sinless Savior died, My sinful soul is counted free.
No comments:
Post a Comment