Friday, October 1, 2010
Selfishness...short and sweet
This'll be a short post. But this has just been running through my mind. I think as part of our human nature we tend to think that our sin only affects ourselves. I think that's evidence of our selfishness, or rather, or self-centerdness (I think maybe I just made that word up). But the reality is, our sin affects the Body of Christ. It affects others. I've been thinking about this as I've been trying to wrap my mind around suffering such as hunger, homelessness, disease, etc. And the reality is, my sin is partially to blame. My lust for material items, my desire for status, my longing for the "American Dream" often comes before my heart for the poor and oppressed. If I were half as desperate to see them redeemed as I were to buy that new pair of shoes, perhaps things would be different. And I know, I can't take the weight of the world on my own shoulders. But I just think it's important that in this selfishness that we live in that we recognize that even when it comes to the affects of our sin we are selfish. Now more than ever do I see the importance of God's Grace. It covers all. I am thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment