Tuesday, September 30, 2008

In a funk...

I've been in a funk the past 2 days.  It happens every once in a while (I'm sure to all of us).  I know that a lot of it is that God is using this time (not just these past 2 days but the past many months) to mold me and change me.  It's funny because I was talking to my mom last night about how I feel that God has really changed me in just the last year.  I know I'm being vague but my heart has done a complete 180 about a lot of things, and especially one thing, since moving to Florida.  I'm certain that it's God preparing me for the next step in my life and I'm so very excited for that.  I know that I need to be patient though and that's certainly the hardest part.  And on top of that I'm certain there are so many things that I have yet to discover.  There are so many areas of my life that I'm still waiting on God's direction and seeking answers from him.  It'll come in time, but for now I'm certainly antsy and I'd even say discontent at times.  Anyway, it's so completely undeniable to me that I'm loved by God and that He wants to lead me if I just allow Him to become my everything.

On a sidenote...as I was saying earlier, I've been in a funk and today I just really didn't want to run after work.  On Tuesday nights we have track workouts for marathon training and this afternoon I was so incredibly tempted to just skip it and come home and go to bed.  But I'm really happy I went.  Don't get me wrong, it was hard.  I ran almost 4 miles of sprints, but I love the way I feel when I've finished running.  I love the endorphins.  It definitely helped some.  On a similar note, last night I had community group for church and it's certainly amazing how much a community of people who care about you can lift your spirits and make you smile.  I had a great time with my community group last night as we enjoyed each other's fellowship during game night.  It's 100% worth the 40ish minute drive each week to spend time with them and spend time learning more about Christ.

I guess when it comes down to it, I really am blessed.  :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

you should go listen to the podcast from status this past sunday night. waiting on God was the topic...great reminders that sound relevant to you as well!