Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How Powerful

I often question why God brought me to Orlando. I'm sure there are many reasons, some that I may not ever understand, but I realized tonight that God is forming my heart here. I feel as though God is slowly breaking down the walls of my heart and revealing more about his unfailing love and power.

Tonight, I was reminded again of the great power of the gospel. We hear these verses at Christmas time, but as we read them tonight at small group I was overwhelmed with how amazing my Jesus is.
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
- Isaiah 9:6
God sent His only Son for me, to die on the cross for my sins as the ultimate sacrifice. He was blameless and yet here I am, full of sin and fault, yet allowed to live fully in the grace and mercy and love of my just and righteous Father.

I've heard these Truths for as long as I can remember and yet the power of it renews my soul every time I hear it or read it.

On the way home, I listened to "True Love" by Phil Wickham. Listen and let the Gospel speak to your heart.



No comments: