3 more days until 4th of July excitement!! I'm going fishing for the very first time ever!! Even better, I'm going fishing in the Gulf with high hopes of catching some King Mackerel for a fish fry! My friend Ryan and I are road tripping up to his house in North Florida for the long weekend. His family has a fishing boat so we're getting up at the crack of dawn (I'd say literally, but actually it's probably earlier than the crack of dawn) to head out on the water for some fishing. Rumor has it that the fish have been biting lately so I'm super pumped. And if we catch all the fish we want, then we may even get to go looking for some dolphin to swim with. However, I'm also on a mission to catch a shark! How cool would that be? :) The only downer of the trip is that it takes 6 hours to get there!! At least we get to take a pit stop in Gainesville for some Burrito Brothers (seriously good food!). And yes, my iPod will be loaded with music and I will sing at the top of my longs and dance ridiculously until it drives Ryan crazy. It's okay, he's used to it. I'm like his second favorite sister (after his real one, of course).
Even better, this weekend kicks off my summer of fun! Next week Austina and her new husband David arrive in Orlando for a little vacation (much deserved for them!!!). Then, my family arrives next weekend. My parents are coming down for a long visit with my 2 favorite little girls in the whole wide world! They're staying for a whole week at my house and I'm so excited. Britony has informed me that she's sleeping in my bed while they're here and we can tell each other secrets all night if we want. I love slumber parties with my nieces!
Then, just a few short weeks later, I'll be headed to Ohio for 10 days to celebrate Meghan and Stephen's wedding. I'm looking forward to some more family time and also spending some time with my grandma.
And, then I'm back in Florida for a short stint before heading back to Ohio for Labor Day Weekend to kick off football season. GO BUCKEYES! I'll be in the Horseshoe for the season opener sporting my best Scarlet and Gray!
Ahhhh So. Stinkin. Excited.
I can tell the rest of this year is going to fly by. The Lord is so so very good and I can hardly wait to see what He has in store for me. Praise Jesus! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment