Sunday, June 28, 2009

Music Recommendation: The Welcome Wagon

My best friend has an excellent taste in music. I'm often getting music recommendations from her (and yes, I give her a few in return). She recently sent me 3 CDs of music to try out. Yep, we still do it old school here--CDs. But I like it because I can put the mixed CDs in my car and try them out on my drives to work, grocery, church, etc. when I don't feel like pulling my iPod out to plug in for a few minutes or when NPR is playing baroque (which I have nothing against...I just can only handle so much of it until I feel the need to put on something that I can sing a long to). Anyway, I think I have a new favorite band--The Welcome Wagon. The Welcome Wagon is "a folk-gospel duet borne out of the living-room sing-a-long tradition." (quoted from their Myspace). I love their songs because they have a choral backup and full band (including trumpets!). I guess there's just something comforting about music like this. A hymn in any form always catches my attention. Check them out, I promise you won't be disappointed. "But For You Who Fear My Name" is my current favorite.

Other recommendations sent by my friend:

No comments: