Sunday, June 8, 2008

Concert Review--Between the Trees

A little late coming, but here it is.

Friday Rebekah and I went to the Between the Trees concert at House of Blues (HOB). This time, I liked the venue a bit better. We decided to take advantage of the skip the line option again by eating dinner at HOB. It's good. Slightly overpriced, but good.

We then got in line. And waited...with a bunch of teeny boppers. Hahaha. Seriously. Between the Trees has a pretty young following, so we were in the minority with our 21 and over wristbands. When we got into the venue, we found the perfect location. 2 bar stools right behind the main floor. They were really really good seats. All the teeny boppers crowded the main floor area. There were 3 opening acts. "Dang, We're on Fire" was the first act. I didn't enjoy them. At all. I felt like the guy couldn't sing at all. He was just talking/screaming into the mic. But I do have to say they have a pretty sweet name. I wanted to like them so I could tell people "Hey, have you heard of this sweet band? Yeah, they're name is 'Dang, We're on Fire'." Just sounds cool.

Anyhow, I didn't think I'd like the second opener, but I actually really enjoyed them. Cori Yarckin (sp?) was really good. They have a female lead singer (which isn't all that common, but interesting, for sure). She was really entertaining and had a really great voice. The last opener was "Rookie of the Year" and they were really great. Rebekah bought the cd and I've listened to it today and like them even more since the show. They have a cool punk, rock, singer/songwriter sound. Intriguing. Their song "Liars and Battlelines" is good. So check them out. I said so.

Between the Trees finally came on and I have to say, they put on a phenomenal show. They did this whole acoustic set in the middle of their show and I loved, loved, loooooved it!!! They also covered a Journey song ("Don't Stop Believin") which I was EXTREMELY impressed with!!! They did GREAT. The guitar rift was incredible. The annoying part of the show: the teenyboppers seriously started moshing and crowd surfing. Seriously? Seriously. Definitely not that type of music. Anyway, I would go see Between the Trees again. I liked them!!!

Annnnd, just found out that Cartel will be here in July!! OH. MY. GOSH! But I can't go...major bummer.

Wednesday night I'm heading to the Ingrid Michaelson concert. Way stoked. I've really been enjoying "The Hat" lately.

No comments: