Tonight was the much anticipated OneRepublic w/ Dave Barnes concert. I met up with Rachel, Rebekah and Crystal at House of Blues for dinner so we could skip to the front of the line (it really is a pretty good deal...eat dinner there first and you get to skip the line. I like it!). After dinner we got in line and once inside the concert hall found a good location towards the back (we weren't really in the mood to fight off teeny boppers down in front so we hung out in the middle/back). My first reaction to this concert is that I don't really like the venue. There are some rather large pillars around the room that are annoying. And in all honesty, I don't think the acoustics are all that great there either. I'm probably just partial to The Social (mostly because it's a small, cheap venue and you can practically touch the artists performing on stage). I really just like the intimate feeling of The Social over the huge (I use this word loosely in this instance) venue of HOB.
Anyway, there were 2 other openers besides Dave Barnes. Ron somebody-or-other (obviously I wasn't all that impressed) and Dave Reeves. Dave Reeves was actually pretty good and I'll probably end up purchasing a song or two..maybe. When Dave Barnes came on I was so incredibly stoked. But unfortunately most of the people at the concert were there for OneRepublic and not Dave so they talked through most of Dave's set and we couldn't hear what he was singing or saying which is truly unfortunate because Dave is flat out hilarious. He only sang about 5 songs and none of them were really my favorites. I was kind of disappointed. :(
I was skeptical about OneRepublic's performance but they were really, really, really good!! The lead singer tore his ACL a while back so he had to sit the entire time (he plays piano too so really he sits a lot anyway), but suprisingly he was still extremely entertaining from his keester (as he referred to it). They literally played every song from their album EXCEPT the one I wanted them to! I really really really wanted to hear "Prodigal" and they didn't play it :( But the rest of their show was soooo goood. They are really great performers and the lead singer has one heck of a voice on him. I'd definitely go see them again...and I just might! They announced that they'll be back end of August with....JOHN MAYER!! (Alright, I know some people don't particulary enjoy John Mayer, but I like him--probably because of the high school memories it brings back--and I LOVE his new single! So good!). So in any case, tonight was pretty fun!
Oh, and we saw Between the Trees at the concert tonight. Rebekah and I are going to see them on Friday night and they were at tonight's show. Rachel wouldn't let me talk to them though. Hahaha. It was funny. Omigosh. I almost forgot the best part of the night. There was a crazy drunk (well, we hope he was drunk or else there's just no way to explain how ridiculous he was) in front of us the whole night. Now let's be honest, OneRepublic isn't really headbanging, jump-up-and-down type music. But this man was definitely doing both. And. He was singing. Off key. Off beat. He ran into so many people. And we were all dying laughing at him. He was completely oblivious. I laughed so hard I almost cried.
Anyhow...great night! By the way (or B-T-Dub as was coined tonight), the new Jason Mraz cd is out. Haven't listened yet, but I will soon, I'm sure. And I have no doubt I'll love it. He has a duet with Colbie Caliat that should be good. If he is ever in town (or near here) I would totally go see him. Love, love, LOOOOOVE Jason Mraz.
Alright...I'm out.
No comments:
Post a Comment