Wednesday night Rebekah and I went to the Ingrid Michaelson concert at The Social (as we battled torrential downpours...all for the sake of music). It seems as thought each concert I goes to gets better and better. I was a bit skeptical that Ingrid would be the type that would sit on her stool with her guitar and just sing all of her songs. Wrong. She was hilarious! And incredibly talented. She played the piano, guitar, and banjo. She was telling jokes and interacting with the crowd. She seemed so laid back. She played some new songs that she's written and they are even better than her first album. I'm looking forward to her new album coming out.
The opener, Greg Laswell, was also very talented. I enjoyed his piano skills as well. Annnnd, he did a great cover. Of...wait for it. "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" Awesome. Seriously. Good stuff. I was talking to one of Rebekah's friends that was with us and she said she discovered Greg on NPR. Rebekah and I were both pretty amazed by this. I checked out NPR's website (National Public Radio, incase you didn't get that) and they seriously have a great music site. They do radio segments on undiscovered artists and music worth considering. Loooove it. So many new artists and music for me to check out! Ahhh how I love music.
Unfortunately, it appears as though my concert-going schedule won't be so packed in the next few weeks. I was supposed to volunteer as part of the Mocha Club at Ginny Owens concert in Lakeland next week, but Mocha Club isn't going to be there anymore (although the concert is still on). I don't think I'll make the trek out to Lakeland for the concert now. And, the 2 concerts I really wanted to go to in July are both while I have visitors in town, so I likely won't be going to those either. But, August will be here before I know it and that means John Mayer and OneRepublic!!
Anyhow, check out Ingrid and Greg. They're good. Oh, and apparently some group called Black Dice did a remix of Ingrid's song--the sweater one. She was trying to tell us how it went (including rapping). It was funny. I'll probably check out the remix.
Happy weekend! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment