Faith for Today
Claimed. Loved. Blessed.
Tabs
Home
About Me
Mocha Club
Monday, December 1, 2008
I need Africa more than Africa needs me...
What do you think? Have you ever thought about it before? What can we learn from Africa and its people? Here's what I think. I think that as Americans we think we have it all together. We think that we know the key to happiness. We think we are the smartest society. We think money is the answer. We think that we need to save everyone else. When in reality, maybe we are the ones that need saving. Maybe real joy and happiness isn't measured in money, success, travels, accomplishments, status, etc. Maybe real joy and happiness is found in a savior that loves you, in a family and community that come together to provide in times of need and to celebrate in times of great joy. Maybe we need to learn from Africa that it's simpler than we make it out to be. Maybe it's true...maybe I do need Africa more than Africa needs me.
Please
click here
to learn more about The Mocha Club, an organization that I care about and who is making a difference in the lives of so many African people each year. What is your passion? Assisting Child Mothers? Helping with the HIV/AIDS effort? Providing education? Assisting with job creation? Providing orphan care? Or helping to rebuild Sudan? Pick your project, give up your 2 Mochas a month, and make a difference. And maybe, just maybe, you'll find out that you need Africa more than you realized.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment