So I may be on a concert hiatus for the moment, but that doesn't mean I haven't found some more music that I'm totally digging. I've gotten some good recommendations, have checked them out, and approve. So, here are the artists that have been playing on my iPod and in my car in recent days. (Some may be repeats from previous posts...sometimes I get addicted to certain cds).
1. Augustana (So I might have listened to this cd so much that it's now skipping...bummer).
2. Between the Trees (since my Augustana cd is skipping in my car, I've been listening to the Between the Trees cd and let me just say that I am 100% digging it.)
3. Rookie of the Year (Just love them)
4. Greg Laswell (Heard him open for Ingrid Michaelson as mentioned in a previous post. Downloaded his EP--haven't gotten his full cd yet--but I'm 100% loving the EP)
5. Vampire Weekend (Have had 3 people recommend them. So I bought the cd. Loooove it. Not what I expected at all. Kinda bummed I missed the concert.)
6. Death Cab for Cutie (Haven't been a Death Cab fan previously, but heard rave reviews for the new cd. Downloaded it. Love it.)
7. Jason Mraz (New cd is IN.CRED.I.BLE. Seriously. One of the most clever musicians out there...looooove his lyrics).
So those are the new ones as of now. I've heard lots of good things about The New Pornographers and Neko Case but haven't had the time to download and listen yet. They're next on my music to check out. I was also given a recommendation that The Shins new album is a must have. Soooo I'll have to buy that one too.
Unrelated sidenotes:
-Let's hear it for Tiger Woods! Hip hip hooray. Ryan and I (well mostly Ryan) were following the playoff today at work and gave a fist pump in the air when we heard he won. Go Tiger.
-16 days until VA-CA-TION!!! Holla.
-I start photography class on Thursday. So incredibly, ridiculously, amazingly, wonderfully, fabulously excited!!! (I'm sure you get my point!) The class is 8 weeks long and then I'll get to take the next one. There are a bunch of classes and I absolutely cannot wait.
-Rode Toy Story Mania! this weekendand it was Uh-mazing!!! Like seriously, I didn't believe it could be as good as everyone was saying, but it was awesome. We got fastpasses in the morning before we went to Gatorland (which is another post for another time) and then we went back after Gatorland to use them and the standby line was 110 minutes!!! Holy. Cow. That's craziness. The attraction opens in California tomorrow.
-I'm currently looking for a bike. I want to start training for sprint Triathlons. Sooo if you have any input on a good bike, I'd welcome your input. I know that road bikes are best for triathlons, but I've never had a road bike (I've always had a mountain bike), so I'm kind of nervous about switching over. Target has a hybrid bike that I'm kind of liking. It's only a little over $200 so I'm thinking that might be a good deal.
-Okay, I'm sure there's more because I haven't done a very good update in a while, but that's all I can think of right now. Peace out.
1 comment:
I so badly want/need to take a photography class. Will you come up and teach me what you learn?
Post a Comment