Sunday, June 22, 2008

Reflection: What does it mean to be Blessed?

I've been thinking about this. When we say that we are blessed, what are we really saying? How do we really measure being blessed? I think that so often we measure being blessed by how much our family loves us, how many friends we have, the job we have, the money we make, the house we live in, the activities we participate in, etc., etc., etc.... But as I've been thinking about it, I've been convicted of how wrong that measurement is. If all of that was taken away tomorrow--if I had no frinds, no job, no family, no money, no house, etc--would I still be blessed? Of course. I think we need to find comfort in knowing that true blessing is being loved unconditionally by our Lord and Savior. True blessing is knowing that while we are completely undeserving of anything Jesus has to give, He still offers in abundance his love, mercy, grace, forgiveness. I believe that is true blessing. All of these other worldly things--job, money, house, even our friends and family--are additional blessings that we should give thanks for daily.

Just my thoughts for now...possibly more to come as I continue to reflect on this topic...

1 comment:

Melanie Eccles said...

thank you for this, Kristi...