Sunday, April 20, 2008

Did you feel the Earth tremble?

Rainstorms, windstorms, hail, snow, sleet, flooding, lightening, tornadoes. These are all weather occurances that one typically expects to experience at some point when living in the midwest. Now, you can throw into that mix, earthquakes. Apparently early Friday morning an earthquake occured near the Illinois/Indiana state line and the quake was felt all the way in Michigan, Ohio, and Kentucky. I lived in Ohio for nearly 22 years and never once felt an earthquake. I'm not gonna lie, I'm slightly disappointed that I missed out on this occurance (granted, I'm not saying that I want to experience a full-fledge California-like Earthquake). No one in my family apparently felt the earthquake, but I've heard from others who claim they have. All in all, I'm just really amazed by it all. Here are some links to news stories about it:

WBNS 10Tv News
CNN
Columbus Dispatch


No comments: