Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dreamer

We talked about being a Dreamer recently at church and it's just really been on my mind a lot lately. I've always been a Dreamer. I catch myself with my head in the clouds throughout the day. I've had aspirations for as long as I can remember. I can remember back to when I was a child dreaming about what was in store for the future--dreaming about my place in the Great Plan. So often, I think society tells us that as we get older we need to get our head out of the clouds and we need to be logical and reasonable. We need to make safe choices--don't take chances. How completely wrong that is. Greatness comes from dreams--the dreams for a better future, the dreams for achieving new goals, the dreams to become all that you were made to be. I love the feeling of reaching a dream and opening that door to a whole new world of dreams and opportunities.

Now, as I continue to transition into this new phase of my life, I refuse to let go of my dreams. I refuse to accept that there is only one correct path. I refuse to believe that being an adult means that you can't still be a kid. So many dreams left to achieve. So many dreams left to dream.

As we live in this place that God is still creating, we must keep dreaming. Only through dreaming can we actively participate in the creation. I dream for change. I dream for peace. I dream for love. I dream for salvation and redemption for all of God's people.

Just keep dreaming...

Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream

Imagine a beautiful castle
And a beautiful king
He left the comfort of his throne
To fight for victory

I am a dreamer
Take me higher
Open the sky up
Start a fire
I believe
Even if it's just a dream

Love woke me up this morning
And I ran to see
The king in the winners' circle
On the horse he won for me

Only a king would do anything
To protect the kingdom

No comments: