Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Graduation!

Nothing beats celebrating your high school Graduation...at the Magic Kingdom...at Disney...5 years after you've graduated. Yep. It's that time of year again. It's time for thousands of hormone raging high school seniors to fill the Magic Kingdom until a ridiculous hour of the night (or should I say morning). And of course, Melissa and I went to check it out. These were the highlights of our adventure:

-Watching fireworks from the top of Casey's Corner
-Passing The Last Goodnight in the Tunnels
-Having high school seniors make comments about how I'm not old to be a chaperone or work at Disney (apparently I look like I'm 16. Meh. Whatever.)
-Going to Cinderella's Royal Table, having Ne-Yo walk in and seeing the roomful of high school girls go absolutely crazy. Seriously. I heard one girl freak out because "He touched my back!" Oh. My.
-Riding behind a hilarious guy on Space Mountain who kept making the funniest noise every time the ride turned or dropped. I wish I could have recorded the sound. Funny man.
-Seeing two sets of Doublemints (as coined by Melissa; definition- n. twins who are wearing the exact same outfit). We saw male Doublemints and female Doublemints. And yes. We were tempted to introduce them to each other. They could have then gone on a double date (riding bikes together like in the commercial, of course).
-Meeting a chaperone who went to OSU, telling him I went to a small school near OSU and then having him tell me this story once he heard where I went to school: "Oh yeah! I totally know where that's at. When I first arrived in Columbus, my mom and I ended up at ODU's campus and I thought 'Uh...this seems a bit small to be OSU and there's a church on the campus.' Then I realized I was at ODU and not OSU." HAHAHAHA. I proceeded to ask him if all the nuns walking around tipped him off too. Then we bonded in true Buckeye form and shared a brief second of our love for Scarlet and Gray. It was good.

Anyhow, this year's Grad Nite is the last to be at the Magic Kingdom. Next year it makes its debut apperance at Disney's Hollywood Studios. So Congratulations Class of 2008. You graduated high school. I was worried you wouldn't make it.

No comments: