Sunday, April 20, 2008

Need a Shoeshine?

So here's my pondering after traveling this weekend.

Why are there so many places to get your shoes shined in an airport?

Sure. I get it--to an extent. If you're traveling on business, you want your shoes to look good when you step off the plane in Idaho to make that crucial sale to the potato farmer (yeah, I have no idea where that came from). But what about the salesmen/women who don't travel. Where do they go to get their shoes shined? I mean, you don't find shoeshine benches inside the local mall. But ya know what? Come to think of it, I never actually see anyone working at those shoeshine places. So I suppose that leads me to another question...are shoeshine places part of architectural requirements for airports?

I don't really believe anyone actually uses these places (even if they did have someone working at them!). So, if you do, I'd like to know.

No comments: