Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Colors of a Cowboy's Cliche

I was driving home today and I had one of those moments. One of those moments when for a split second it feels like it's just me and the world and everything is absolutely perfect. It was one of those times when I wished I had a camera with me to capture the sunset and the scenery although I don't think that even a camera would have captured how perfect this moment was. At times like that the John Mayer song "3x5" always runs through my mind..."Didn't have a camera by my side this time...hoping I would see the world with both my eyes..." (Yeah, yeah, yeah...give me a hard time because I like John Mayer). Anyhow, it was just perfect...

Didn't have a camera by my side this time
Hoping I would see the world with both my eyes
Maybe I will tell you all about it when
I'm in the mood to lose my way with words

Today skies are painted colors of a cowboy's cliche'
And strange how clouds that look like mountains in the sky
Are next to mountains anyway

--John Mayer "3x5"



And for some reason, it made me start to think of all the things I want to do or learn. And I've decided that I need to start a list so I don't forget anything. And apparently I like to start sentences with the word "And" even though my English teachers in school always told me not to. They also told me not to end a sentence with a preposition like I just did. Obiviously I didn't listen very well. But I digress. (I don't think you're supposed to start a sentence with "but" either...ai yi yi...this post is quickly turning into an English lesson...I've never really been one to focus easily...)

So here you have it. The start of Kristi's List. I'm sure many things will be added to it with time.

1. Learn to play golf
2. Go black water rafting
3. Go rock climbing (Like real rock climbing...not a fake wall)
4. Complete a triathalon (not an ironman...I'm not that crazy)
5. Learn to play the guitar
6. Write my own song (complete with lyrics)
7. Write a book (I don't know about what...I'll find something, I'm sure)
8. Travel to every continent...except Antartica (For some reason I just don't find Antartica appealing--and this item alone contains so many sub-items--like I want to travel down the Amazon River, visit the Eiffel Tower, ride an Elephant in Thailand, eat Sushi in Japan, walk along the Great Wall of China, zip line in Costa Rica, kiss the Blarney Stone in Ireland, take a gondola down the canals in Venice, traverse the countryside of Tuscany, explore Christian roots in Israel...and oh sooooo much more. I should probably do a single list on this alone).
9. Ride in a hot air balloon
10. Go on a missions trip to Africa (help with Clean Water Initiatives)
11. Build a house that is made from environmentally friendly products
12. Own a hybrid car
13. Learn a second language (I'd like to learn either French or Spanish)
14. Re-learn American Sign Language and become fluent
15. Go white water rafting
16. Plant my own garden of vegetables
17. Teach a college course

Okay, that's a good start. I ended on lucky number 17...what? Never heard 17 being lucky? Well, it is now. Anyhow, if you have suggestions for me to add to my list, I'd be more than happy to oblige. I really just need to find a job that pays a lot and gives a lot of vacation so I can fit all of this in. When Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel quits her job, I'm totally ready to take over for her. Or the crazy Disney girl...I can be the crazy Disney girl.

No comments: