Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Never a better time for a run

I have a new lunchtime addiction. Nope, it's not the new lunch special at Chili's (although, I do recommend the soup and salad combo!). My new Tuesday lunchtime ritual is running. Yeah, I'm becoming one of "those" people. Those people that go to the gym on their lunch break. And to tell you the truth. I love it. Tuesdays are soooo much better now. Normally, my Tuesdays are pretty low key. I rarely have any meetings, so I end up working at my desk all day. I get antsy really really easily, so I decided last week to give running on my lunch break a try. And no joke, I could concentrate so much better that afternoon. I did it again today (mostly because I slept in this morning and had stuff going on tonight so it was the only time I could run), but once again, my Tuesday afternoon was a million times better. So next Tuesday, if you're looking for me between 12:15ish and 1:15ish, I'll be on the treadmill logging miles.

3 comments:

Kyle Luke said...

I see so many dilemmas with this scenario, that I don't know where to begin. Do you go back to work all sweaty or do you shower before heading back to work? How long is your lunch break because it takes me 1/2 hour to change into workout clothes and 1/2 hour to change back. If you shower, do you have to dry your hair and reapply makeup? It just sounds like too much work and I'm stressed out just thinking about it. I think I need to go have a snack.

Kristi said...

Hahaha. Sara, I love your comments. And here are my responses:

-Yes, I take a shower before I go back to work. Since I only do this once a week, I just wear my hair up on Tuesdays. And I change clothes fast. I'm like Clark Kent when he speeds into the phone booth and comes out as Superman, except I prefer a bathroom over a phone booth.
-My lunch break is generally an hour long. I think I took like an hour and 10 minutes today. I only run for 30 mins, so that gives me about 40 mins to drive there and back, change and shower. Plenty of time.
-And makeup? hahahaha. I'm so not a girly girl when it comes to make up. I wear make up like maybe 2 times a week--but I wore it more when I was a 7th grader at church camp trying to pick up boys...KIDDING (But I'm not kidding when I say I think my jr. high girls at camp knew more about make up than I did).

And this comment is about the length of a post.

Kyle Luke said...

Yeah, you know me. I don't wear makeup either. I just assume that the rest of the world does.

Nice job using your time wisely!