Monday, December 1, 2008

It's been a busy few days. Busy and chaotic. Pretty much what my life is made up of. Thanksgiving was good and I enjoyed spending the time with my parents and my friends. Very early Saturday morning my Grandma called to say that my Grandpa had passed away. He's been fighting cancer among many other illnesses for a long time now and I know that the pain was really wearing on him. My heart hurts for my Grandma...I cannot possibly imagine what the pain must be like to lose your husband. And my Grandma has had to endure this twice now (her first husband, my biological grandfather died before I was even born in a car accident. Ken, her second husband who just passed, was her high school sweetheart and they got married when I was probably 3 or 4 so he's basically always been my Grandpa). I don't think the reality of it all has really hit me yet. I've been trying to process it, but it's hard because nothing has changed in my life. It's not like I called him on a regular basis to talk to him, but I think it will hit me when I go home for Christmas. He won't be there during Christmas giving me a hard time, picking on me, asking me how things in Florida are going, etc. I think that may be when I realize it's real...he's gone. I'm so thankful that I was able to spend some time with my Grandma and Ken/Grandpa this past winter while they were here in Florida.

So if you think of it, please pray for my family. Especially my grandmother. I pray that she'll be strong and that she'll trust in the Lord to provide for her. I really admire her.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

i'm so sorry, dear friend! will be praying for you. can't wait to see you wednesday.