"Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."If we are truly living in a global community, our neighbors are not only those that live in the apartments or houses next to us, or the people we work with, or our friends, or the people we go to church with, or even just the people of our city. Our neighbors are people all over the world and we are called to love them. Even more importantly, we are called to Love the Lord our God. I strongly believe that we can show our love for Him by caring for His people.
So here I am, gearing up for the journey of a lifetime! You want the details, I suppose, right? Great! I'll be traveling with 2 organizations that are partnering together for this trip--The Mocha Club and 963 Missions. The trip is tentatively scheduled for December 27, 2009 through January 9, 2010. That's right, just TWO months away!! Joining me on the trip will be individuals from all over the United States (and possibly even beyond). While in Ethiopia we'll be working working with a Mocha Club project that rescues women from the growing world of prostitution and offers them a 10-month rehabilitation program (including social, personal, and spiritual rehab as well as job training). We'll also be working with 2 other Mocha Club projects that work with children. I'm so excited to get to know the people of Ethiopia and share the love of Jesus Christ with them.
Where do you come in? I'm glad you asked. I need your support, both financially and through prayer. I need to raise nearly $3000 in support money to be able to go on this mission. I ask that you would prayerfully consider supporting me. Any amount you can give helps get me one step closer to serving God's people in Ethiopia. My first payment is due in just a little over a week so please, if you can give, don't wait! :)
You can send financial support to:
963 Missions
Attn: Mocha Club
10440 N. Central Expwy., Suite 122,
Dallas, TX, 75231
Please make checks out to African Leadership (The Mocha Club's parent organization).
Do not write my name on the memo line as it could nullify tax exemption for your donation.
Please print the support note below and include with your donation so they know who it's for.

An online giving link will be made available soon, but is not quite ready yet.
Whether or not you are able to give financially, I ask that you would be praying:
- Pray that our team of individuals would bond together easily and work together as a team.
- Pray for our team's safety in travels and for safe health while in Africa.
- Pray for our team's leaders as they continue to put together final details for the trip.
- Pray for the people of Ethiopia that they would come to know the saving love of Jesus Christ.
Thanks all for your support and encouragement. I feel incredibly blessed that God has chosen me to go on this trip and I'm so excited!
1 comment:
I'm SO PUMPED for you... and waiting for the online giving option I think. Please post again when that is available!
Post a Comment