So if you haven't figured it out by now, I have two beautiful nieces whom I absolutely adore. I never thought being an aunt would be as much of a blessing as it is. I can honestly say it's been a complete joy to be able to spend the last 5 years watching them grow and learn. Right now I'm absolutely loving the silly, nonsensical conversations that I get to have with a 5 year old and 3 year old on the phone. Tonight, I called to talk to my sister as Britony's birthday is coming up and I needed to know what she wanted for her birthday. I called multiple times throughout the evening because I was out shopping and really wanted to get something. The third time I called, the phone was answered and I was expecting to hear my sister's voice, but instead I heard the tiny voice of the world's cutest 5 year old. This is basically how our conversation went:
B: Hello
Me: Hey! What are ya doing? (Sidenote: It's typically a bit difficult for me to tell B & K apart right away on the phone. After a few sentences I can usually tell who I'm talking to...)
B: Having my birthday party.
Me: But it's not your birthday.
B: Yes it is!
Me: No it's not.
B: How do you know?
Me: Because I know your birthday is next week and I was calling to see what I should get you for your birthday.
B: Awwww mannnn
Me: You thought you could lie to me, didn't you?
B: We're having a party tonight.
Me: What should I get you?
B: It could be a supwise (yes supwise, not surprise).
Me: So should I get you a can of worms?
B: Or a headband.
Me: Oh, I like headbands. What else?
B: Some clips.
Me: So you just want stuff for your hair? No toys or books? Are you going shopping for your birthday? (My sister had told me they were taking her clothes shopping for her birthday b/c yes, that's what this 5 year old wanted to do.)
B: We're getting our nails painted.
Me: Oooo! What color are you going to get yours painted?
B: Whatever color they have.
Me: Pink or black?
B: Pink. Okay love you bye. Mom says can you call her back later.
Me: Tell your mom to call me when she has time.
B: (to my sister) she said call her later when you have time. (to me) Kerigan wants to talk to you.
And this is where things get really interesting.....I couldn't understand most of what she was telling me. This is what I made of the conversation...
Me: Hi Kerigan!
K: Hi, do you have alligators?
Me: What?
K: Do you have alligators?
Me: Oh yes, there are still alligators here. Do you want me to catch one and send it to you?
K: They're in the water!!
Me: Yeah, I'll swim out and catch one.
K: Okay. But don't get bited.
Me: Oh yeah, that would hurt.
K: And there would be blood.
Me: haha yep.
K: We're having a party with cake and ice cream.
Me: Right now?
K: Well, when daddy gets home.
Me: Oh, can I have some cake?
K: Only if you come over?
Me: Right now?
K: Yep.
Me: How will I get there?
K: (mumbling so I couldn't understand much) take a plane and then a boat and then a cab and then you'll be here.
Me: oh, okay.
K: Where are you?
Me: I'm in Florida, where are you?
K: Are you at your house?
Me: Nope, I'm in my car. Are you at your house?
K: Yep.
Me: Did you get sissy something for her birthday?
K: Yep, but if she's not good then she doesn't get it. I got her something scary, but not too scary. But she has to be good. If you come over you can play with my toys.
She then proceeded to "show" me all of her toys except I don't think she realized that I couldn't actually see them over the phone. And once she gets going, there is no opportunity to stop her chatter, so basically for the next few minutes I just sat on the phone as she talked about all of her toys. Then she started singing Hannah Montana so we sang that together over the phone. After about 3 or 4 minutes of that she said "okay, love you, bye." Best part is, she didn't hang up the phone, but she also didn't give it back to my sister. So basically I could have stayed on the phone all night and listened to the party. I'm kinda wondering if the phone was left in the playroom for the rest of the night...So Keri, if you read this and you're missing your phone, it's probably in the play room next to all the toys Kerigan told me about.
So I suppose it isn't that funny to all who are reading, but on the phone it was hilarious. I love these little girls and cannot wait to see them in a little over a month!!
No comments:
Post a Comment