Don't you love when you turn on the tv and one of your favorite movies is on??? I think it's one of those little pleasures in life that make me really happy. I turned on the tv this afternoon and was so excited to see that You've Got Mail (the movie with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks) was on. What makes it even more of a pleasure for me is that I don't own the movie, so it really is like a special treat. And yes, I know what you're thinking, "Gosh, that is succcch a chick flick." I know, I know. But C'mon, it's a good movie!! And these are some of my favorite quotes. Enjoy.
"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino." - Joe Fox
"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but valuable. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void." - Kathleen Kelly
"The Godfather answers all of life's questions. What should I pack for my summer vacation? "Leave the gun, take the cannoli." " - Joe Fox
"I like to start my letters off to you as if we're already in the middle of a conversation. I pretend that we are the oldest and dearest of friends as oppose to which we actually are, people who don't know eachothers names and met in a chatroom which we both claimed we'd never been to before. What will NY152 say today I wonder. I turn on my computer, I sign on, I wait impatiently as it connects and my chest catches my breath as I hear three little words. 'You've Got Mail' I hear nothing, not a sound on the city streets just the beat of my own heart. I have mail-- from you." - Kathleen Kelly
P.S.--I saw Juno on my plane ride home from California. Absolutely. A-MAZING movie. Like seriously, brilliant. And here are my favorite quotes from that movie :)
Vanessa: Your parents are probably wondering where you are.
Juno MacGuff: Nah... I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?
Leah: Yo Yo Yiggady Yo.
Juno: I'm at suicide risk.
Leah: Juno?
Juno: No, it's Morgan Freeman. Do you have any bones that need collecting?
Leah: Only the one in my pants...
Juno: I'm pregnant.
Leah: What? Honest to blog?
Juno: Yeah. Yeah, it's Bleekers.
Leah: It's probably just a food baby. Did you have a big lunch?
Juno: No, this is not a food baby all right? I've taken like three pregnancy tests, and I'm forshizz up the spout.
Leah: How did you even generate enough pee for three pregnancy tests? That's amazing...
Juno: I don't know, I drank like, ten tons of Sunny D... Anyway dude, I'm telling you I'm pregnant and you're acting shockingly cavalier
Juno: You should've gone to China, you know, 'cause I hear they give away babies like free iPods. You know, they pretty much just put them in those t-shirt guns and shoot them out at sporting events.
Rollo: You better pay for that pee-stick when you're done with it. Don't think it's yours just because you marked it with your urine!
Mac: Liberty Bell, if you put one more Baco on that potato, I'm gonna kick your little monkey butt.
Juno: Your little girlfriend gave me the stinkeye in art class yesterday.
Paulie Bleeker: Katrina's not my girlfriend alright? And I doubt she gave you the stinkeye that's just how her face looks, you know? That's just her face.
Mmmk. Hope ya'll enjoyed this :)
2 comments:
Juno is a favorite of mine and Kyle's. Genius.
Forshizz it's a great movie ;)
Post a Comment