I went on a bit of a shopping spree today. It's true. It didn't start out that way. In fact, this Saturday started out like most every other Saturday. I went to the Boardwalk and ran 6 miles with my friend. Afterwards, we decided we were going to go to the local running store to get new running shoes. Neither one of us had purchased new ones since December and since then we've run 1 marathon and 1 1/2 marathon along with countless long training runs. While my joint pains my very well be due to old age, I'm still holding out hope that news shoes will cure the problem. So, I meet back up with my friend about an hour and half later and we head out to the running store. On the way we stopped at the Sock Outlet. Yes. The sock outlet. I bought a new pair of running socks for 1/2 price...this was the start of my shopping spree. At the running store, I made the fastest decision I've ever made on running shoes and fell in love with my new shoes in less than 10 minutes. Not only are the super comfortable, but they're pretty too! Pink and Blue! I rarely have running shoes that are pretty, so I was stoked. After purchasing new running shoes, I purchased a race entry for a 10k for next weekend. At this point, I'm up to 3 purchases for the day. After getting back to my friends apartment, I get in my car to head home and decide that the Outlet mall is on the way home, so I should stop and buy some flip flops. Well, a trip into The Gap is never quick for me. I came out of The Gap with 2 new pairs of shorts, a tank top and a new pair of flip flops. It would have been much more, but I talked myself out of several other purchases. All-in-all, I was pleased seeing as though I had spent less than $50 on all of my purchases from The Gap. Not bad. Not bad at all. Next, I headed over to Old Navy where I couldn't pass up the 2 for $5 flip flops and purchased 2 more pairs. After my "quick trip" to the outlets, I proceeded to Blockbuster where I picked out 2 movie rentals (okay, not purchases, per say, but still a transaction). From there, I went to Target to pick up a few items..once again, my trips to Target are never quick nor cheap. After locating items for my lunches/dinners for the week, I sauntered past the Shoe isle where my eyes quickly fell upon the cutest pair of ballet flats--for only $15! How could I pass that up? And now we have 5 pairs of shoes in one day. I refused to allow myself to look towards the clothes as I knew that my ability to say "no" was very weak at this point.
Shopping can be tiring, too! To recharge my energy, I made a pit stop for take-out at Panda Express for my last purchase of the day. I'm saving up energy to check my bank account another day. I don't think I want to see what it looks like right now.
Maybe I'll just call my purchases today "Easter Gifts" Hey, I can't rely on the Easter Bunny anymore. I think he's lost somewhere in Ohio. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment