I've had a blog for a while on another host site, but rarely updated it. I'm not really sure what I'm going to write about. Sometimes I may be serious, sometimes I may be witty (it's true, I've been known to crack a joke or two in my time), sometimes I may have opinions (that unfortunately, you may not agree with it), and sometimes I may even be shallow (it's true--I'm a Christian...and I'm imperfect...would you believe that Christians aren't perfect?!? Gasp.). Whatever the case, this is my life in words and sometimes images and all I know is that God has given me enough Faith to carry me through each day. Join me on the journey...it's a road full of surprises!
My recent inspiration for reflection:
"Faith does not do away with our human condition, our limited vision, our wavering mind, but it does give us the power to walk where the earth is not firm, to see where the air is not clear, to set sail when the sea is not calm; the power to hope in the midst of despondency, to love in the midst of indifference, to smile in the midst of misunderstanding. We remain very much in the world, but we have a glimpse of the truth that is clear and firm and eternal, and with that gentle ray of light we direct our steps through the surrounding darkness. Faith is not an insurance policy but a courageous adventure, not a tranquilizer but a challenge, not a bed of roses but a battlefront. Faith does not take away the veil of mystery but teaches us to look through it in wonder and hope. The true understanding of faith prepares the mind for the risks of life under God's loving gaze."--Father Carlos Valles"Let Go of Fear"
No comments:
Post a Comment