Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mystery Cat

Today's trip to the mailbox was really quite exciting. It involved no bills...SCORE! A package from Liz with superhero stamps....DOUBLE SCORE! And a mystery cat...What?!? That's right. The mailboxes for my little section of town (what do you call it? Condos? Apartments? Community?) are in a half square in front of the pool. Along the top of the mailboxes is a small ledge--Walking on this small ledge was a cat. Just strolling along the ledge. At first I thought the cat belonged to the hippie looking man who was standing by the mailboxes sorting through his mail. I fully anticipated that as he walked away he would call Chester (because that's the name I gave the cat) to go home. Bizarre as it may seem I just thought he had taken his cat for a walk. But then the hippie man glanced at the cat for a split second and walked away. So then I'm left thinking...how the heck did the cat get up there? And why is he there? And if hippie man didn't take him for a walk, who did? Does Chester's owner even know that he's wandering precariously atop of the mailboxes? I mean, what if he falls? He could lose a life! I finished gathering my mail and headed out...I guess I'll never know what happened to Chester.

No comments: