Whether you believe the title of this blog or not, it's true...well, at least I'm on my way to making it true. In the past month the following have taken place:
-New Salaried Job
-New Apartment
-New Couch (A deal at only $350 at Ikea...not so much a deal the fact that it was Ikea and I have this issue of not being able to tell myself "no" and came out with many more dollars worth of items I really didn't need...so much for inexpensive $350 sofa...)
-New Car Air Conditioner (This should probably be a post in itself, but it's my blog and I can do what I want, so I'm posting it between parenthesis: That's right ladies and gentleman...my air conditioner on my car decided to stop working. I know what you're thinking 'it's only March. You're not going to need that for a few months.' Wrong. I live in Florida. The a.c. is used 365 days a year. Wanna know how much it costs to fix the air conditioner on your car? Well let's just say, I probably should have just bought a new car instead--but I didn't. And, to make things even better, I received the car back and while the A.C. blows cold air, the knobs don't work properly anymore. Awesome.)
Back to the list:
-New Blockbuster Card (Oh yes, I am an official Blockbuster movie renter)
-New kitchen appliances (Yes, my $6.98 Wal-Mart toaster counts as a kitchen appliance....although it should count as a fire hazzard...also another post for another time).
-New kitchen dishes and silverware
-New Ceiling Fan (oh yeah, it's cool. You're jealous.)
-New cell phone plan (Unfortunately, no more mooching off the parents.)
And the list doesn't stop there ladies and gentlemen. Oh no. This week my joys shall include:
-New (and expensive...blech) license
-New Car (by new I mean, parents transfering title...awesome.)
-New car insurance (by new I mean, Kristi now pays for car insurance. Once again, awesome.)
-New license plates (Note to self, this too is a topic for another blog).
So, the point of this post is to really just discuss how ridiculously expensive it is to become a grown-up. So if you're already a grown-up, I feel your pain. Let's get together and talk about how sucky it is and feel sorry for ourselves. It'll be awesome. Then we'll remember that we don't have curfews and we can't be grounded...hey, I'm trying to look on the bright side. And if you're not a grown-up yet, don't aspire to be. Mooch for as long as you can. I recommend backpacking through Europe. And when you return...go back.
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment