Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Kristi, the lizard wrestler

It's true. I just may have a new career---lizard wrestling. So maybe it's not so much lizard wrestling, rather, lizard chasing and capturing. This is how it went.

The other night I came home and when I walked in the door I saw something scurry across the living room floor. Obviously, I flipped out a little bit and then I went to check to see what it was. I saw a tiny lizard (geico, whatever they're called) in the middle of the floor. Hilary had told me she saw one about a week before and had tried to capture it but couldn't, so I wasn't about to let this guy get away from me. I thought quickly and went to get the cockroach spray (PETA please don't come after me...I swear, it was all in self defense). Since they don't make lizard spray, I figured cockroach spray would be the next best thing. I started spraying the little guy and of course he started running. I backed him into a corner and started spraying him like crazy. He got loose and ran under the couch. At this point, I sprayed all the way around the couch. I then moved the couch until I got the lizard to come out. He then ran in another corner where I sprayed him more until he started to slow down. I took that opportunity to find a plastic bowl in the kitchen to put on top of him. I caught him in the bowl and took him outside to let him loose.

I'm not sure if he died later or if he revived himself and ran away. Either way, I was proud of myself for catching him and getting him out of the house. I will admit, I had a slight fear that every time I left the house and came back throughout the day that the little lizard was going to be back in my house along with all of his lizard friends and they were going to attack me. Thankfully, that's just the making of a fantastic horror movie (or maybe not), and not what really happened.

Nevertheless, I now know how to capture lizards, so if you need help, you know who to call--no, not the Ghostbusters, ME! :)

No comments: