Friday, May 16, 2008

That'll be all.

I stopped at a gas station tonight and after filling up my car, I went inside to get something to drink. I grabbed a bottle of ice tea and went to the counter. The lady at the counter goes "Will this be it?" to which I replied "Yes." Then she seriously tried to sell me some cigarettes saying "Nothing else? No cigarettes?"

Um. Excuse me. Why yes. Cigarettes do taste pretty good with my Diet Peach Snapple Iced Tea. I'm so thankful you reminded me. I mean, seriously. Do I look that stressed that I need a cigarette? If she's just trying to upsell, the gas station may want to think about doing a little training on pinpointing customer types. If she had tried to sell me a pack of Bubble Yum, I just might have agreed. But cigarettes, no thanks. My ice tea will be all.

1 comment:

Kyle Luke said...

I've always thought that you kind of look like a smoker . . .

:)