Last night we celebrated Melissa's birthday with a party at Hard Rock Hotel. The Hard Rock Hotel is absolutely gorgeous! We had 2 deluxe rooms that were beautiful and HUGE! We were waiting for everyone to get there and get organized so a few of us played a couple rounds of Nerts. Tidwell and I make an awesome Nerts team (although on our few rounds we played this morning, we were easily beaten by the Leonard Sister Duo). After we got all organized we headed down to the pool to play on the slide and watch the Dive-In movie. Unfortunately, they shut down the slide because of the movie :( So we hung out in the jacuzzi for a while but then decided to head over to Portofino to use their pool and slide. Way awesome!! We had the lifeguards timing us racing down the slide. I also decided, for safety purposes, that it was necessary for me to wear a lifejacket down the slide. I did not want to drown in the 3 foot deep water. ;) When I took the lifejacket off for my next round down the slide, the lifeguards were impressed with my quick ability in learning how to swim and told me that maybe I could learn to be a lifeguard next. Oh if they only knew how I spent my summers in high school. I could show them a thing or two ;)
We finally made it back to our room and in bed around 1:00 a.m. (after Tidwell and I enjoyed the iPod dock they had in the room and played some great tunes for our room for a while. We'd make good DJs. It's true.) and then got up bright and early this morning for Birthday Breakfast at The Kitchen at Hard Rock. Soooo good. Unfortunately, there was no Woody the Woodpecker there though :( Buttt, after breakfast we headed over to Islands of Adventure with our swimsuits on ready to conquer the water rides. Annnd, guess who we saw! Woody the Woodpecker in his Safari gear! So, of course, we took a picture. Then we spent the morning using our ExpressPasses (heck yes!) to hit up Popeye's, Ripsaw Falls, and Jurassic Park. I think Ripsaw Falls and Popeye's were my favorite. On our last round on Popeye's we were standing in line and the family behind us started asking me if we were all wet from going on the ride over and over again. I explained to the family that we had in fact been on the ride multiple times, but that we got soaked the very first time. In her southern accent she responded "oh well, I'll dry off" I think she was trying to grin and bear it because she and her husband had their teenage son and his friend with them and they wanted them to have fun. They get on the ride with us (It holds like 12 people at a time), and we go down the first hill and they get SOAKED. We were laughing so hard, but they were good sports about it. I could tell they were from the south, they were so laid back about it (wow, that was definitely a stereotype, but a good one, I swear!! They were cool people, I would have hung out with them for the day).
Anyhow, now I'm just lounging a bit before I head out with some friends to the Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom Lodge for night vision animal watching. It should be fun! I love eventful weekends.
Andddd....Monday night is OneRepublic and Dave Barnes!!! So stoked. :)
1 comment:
You live a charmed life. Enjoy every minute of it.
Post a Comment