Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Master of Goodbyes

I'm becoming a master at goodbyes. Since moving here a year and a half ago, I've had to say goodbye more times than I can count. I know that I'm not the only person that has to say goodbyes, but it just seems that I'm getting more than my fair share of goodbyes. I suppose that's what happens when you move 4 states away from home.

I'm very much looking forward to going Home (let's be honest...Ohio will always be home) in just 36 days, but I'm already fearing having to say goodbye and return to Florida. Five days may be a good chunk of time, but already it doesn't seem like enough. As I sit here writing this, I'm holding back tears thinking of how hard it'll be to say goodbye to my closest friends at the end of the 5 days. I'm sure that God brought me here for a reason, but I can't deny saying that it hurts to be so far away from the city that I love and the people that I love.

In any case, I can't wait for those 5 glorious days.

No comments: