Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. -- Philippians 4:6-7
Monday, May 5, 2008
Not a coincidence...
I don't really believe in coincidences. I'm confident that everything happens for a reason. That being said, there's a Bible verse that consistently shows up when I start to let the little things (or even the big things, for that matter) get the best of me. Last night I was having one of "those nights." I felt extremely overwhelmed by all the little things, overwhelmed by the future, and overwhelmed by the past. I went to bed still not feeling all that great. This morning, I logged on to my iGoogle account to check my email. One of the widgets that I have on my iGoogle page is Bible Verse of the Day. Today the verse was Philippians 4:6-7. It's the verse that constantly shows up when I'm worried, overwhelmed, stressed, etc. I'm pretty sure that it's God's way of telling me "Hey Kristi. Remember me up here? Don't you worry. I've got it all taken care of. You just trust me and things will be a-ok." So that's my reminder to give it all up to Him. Although, I'm sure I'll need the reminder again sometime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment